We have tried to answer some of the most common questions here:
1. Why do you use WordPress
Where do I begin! There are so many reasons we choose to use WordPress that I will outline just a few of them below…. but the reason most of our clients LOVE the fact we use WordPress is that it allows us to produce amazing websites at a low cost!
- You will be in good company. Here are just some of the business giants that also choose WordPress – Top Gear, Ford, Sony, Wall Street Journal and even Downing Street – in fact there are over 65Million WordPress sites live and over 24% of all new websites are powered by WordPress.
- WordPress is FREE and a truly open source platform which developers can lever to build your site. This means that you are paying for the design, configuration and any custom features. You are not paying for hundreds of hours of development for a bespoke content management system that may or may not have been thoroughly tested.
- WordPress must surely be the most tried and tested CMS in existence so the chances of finding bugs and problems are tiny!
- A further advantage of it being open source is that no development company can tie you into using some bespoke system that only they know and have access to. If your web company disappears, overcharges or you simply don’t agree, finding other developers to pick up where they left off won’t be a problem.
- Google loves WordPress! It’s essential your potential customers find you online. WordPress is very Search Engine Friendly and well optimised straight out of the box. Google’s own top boss’ recommends WordPress as “a great choice”.
- Your site can grow with you – there is no limit to the growth of your website it will be there supporting and assisting your business as it expands and develops.
- Incredible flexibility that will allow the addition/ removal of features (eg galleries, e-commerce, twitter feeds) quickly and easily. It will also allow the look and feel of your website to be changed with relative ease.
2. Do you use themes?
3. Why do you use themes?
We use themes because, quite frankly, they are ace! They allow us to offer stylish, modern websites that we can tailor specifically for our clients. They are well tested and bug free (….well we have never come across a bug). We only use themes from reputable, well established companies that offer great support.
And nope, your site will not look the same as all the others. We use themes as a base on which to develop sites and customise them as needed so you end up with a beautiful site at a fraction of the cost!
4. What is a theme?
A theme can be used as the ‘main frame’ of a web design. We select the most suitable theme for your site and then adapt it to your needs to save the time building a site from scratch (and time is money). If you want to have a look at some themes why not have a nosey at Elegant Themes or Woo Themes
5. Why do we have to pay a hosting fee?
Your website needs to be hosted somewhere, hosting is what keeps your website live on the internet. Hosting also provides the email service. Hosting is effectively renting space on a server that has to be maintained, reliable and connected to the internet 24/7.
6. I already have a website but I want to move the hosting. Is this possible?
In most cases the answer to this is yes but it will depend on what your agreement was with your original developer and what details of the site you have access to.
7. I already have a website but I want it updating. Is this possible?
In most cases yes. If you have a CMS and you have the ability to add/ edit content then we would be able to take over your role. There may be restrictions on what we can do depending on your agreements with the original developer or the access rights that the original developer gave to you.
8. How can we use you as a web company when you are located miles away?
It is not necessary to be located close to our business. We deal with clients throughout the UK without any problems. We use email, phone and/or Skype to liaise with clients and we can do online demonstrations where we can share our screen so we can keep you fully up to date with progress.